Mentoring Europe works with the European Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring to develop research lines into mentoring
The European Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring is committed to collecting the research data in the field of European Mentoring. It hopes to connect the evidence with practice. These research lines will include research on mentoring programmes and practices, in order to improve our understanding of when, why, and for whom mentoring does (not) work.
In 2018 the Center launched its researchers’ committee. Members of this committee are:
- Peter de Cuyper, University KU Leuven, HIVA research institute, BE
- Prof. Dr. Oscar Prieto-Flores, University of Girona, ES
- Dr. Bernadine Brady, National University of Ireland, UNESCO Child and Family Research Centre, IR
- Prof. Dr. Jean Rhodes, UMB / MENTOR Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring, US
- Dr. Migchiel van Diggelen, Open University, NL
- Dr. Jacqueline Rietveld, NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, NL
- Prof. Dr. Eberhard Raithelhuber, Bertha von Suttner Private University, AT
- Ms. Szilvia Simon, community manager of the European Center
The Committee has its own Student Learning Community. This learning community involves bachelor, master and PhD students of the the Center. They do research in the field of mentoring and they connect to the Center for exchange, internship, research activities, inspiration and network.